As a foreign company located outside of Egypt, which is exporting goods to Egypt, you are not required to register on the Egyptian customs platform Nafeza. Only your buyer - an Egyptian company importing your goods needs to register and use the Nafeza platform. Foreign exporters need to register only on the CargoX Platform.
What can you do to if you are an exporter to Egypt?
- Register your company on the CargoX Platform once (quick start guide). Kindly use an internationally readable format (ASCII character set, as found in the English alphabet) when entering company details.
- Complete the verification of the company (company verification process)
- Inform your Egyptian importer, that you completed CargoX registration and share your company information with them so that they can start the process in NAFEZA.
- If you have several co-workers in your company who all need to file ACI, add as many users account for them under your company account as needed (add user guide)
- Wait to receive an ACI notification that contains the ACID number along with other export information.
- Compose and send an ACI Envelope to Egyptian customs (ACI filing ştep-by-step tutorial)
With the newly introduced delegations feature on the CargoX Platform, the exporter company can now invite another registered and validated company (freight forwarders, agents, and similar specialists) to become its representative for ACI filings to the Egyptian Customs Authority.
Is there an alternative to using CargoX for the exporter?
No. This process was mandated by the Egyptian customs and needs to be followed by all exporters to Egypt.